Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Nicole, Lynette, and I went to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra, which will further be called TSO, yesterday. William also was going to come but at last minute he couldn't make it. They were amazing! We were going to go swimming bust then the hotel had an outdoor pool, not in indoor one. Oh well, you can't always get what you want. The hotel was next to this place called Chateau Thomas Winery. I mean't to get a pic but didn't. I wanted to take of tour or something but we didn't have time.
We decided we wanted Chinese to eat so we looked up two chinese places we though were near the concert. When we got on the street and started reading the numbers, I quickly figured out we had made a bad mistake. They were about 80+ blocks away. Luckily Lynette spotted a B-Dubs that was great =] So we go to a parking garage and I wanted to go to the top! Nicole parked on the 3rd floor in the spot with our number on it. I figured this garage was like 5 stories high so I was like I wanna go to the top and take a pic or two. So I can up the stairs. IT WAS LIKE TEN STORIES HIGH. I get to the top with well below freezing air flooding my lungs over and over and I run over to the highest side to snap a few pics. Then I walk back and the girls met me at the elevator. Also I found a plastic pitcher of frozen bud light up there. We then walked to the B-Dubs and got warm and full. Then Nicole realized we left the tickets in the car. I said I would go get them while the girls stayed warm. So I walked all the way back up there, and then all the way back down to B-Dubs. Then we went to the concert. We played Eye Spy while we waited on it to start. Which is realy fun in a room the size of 3 or 4 of my church. The concert it self was practically indescribable. I'll just hit on some of the highlights. Lets see, amazing light effects unlice any I'd ever seen, excellent singers, guitarists, violinists, and a bunch of other guys, lots of fog, on cue "snowing", duelling instruments, jets and balls of flame, anything else? OH YEAH, the jet powered stage. It was pretty wicked. Then we went back to the hotel watched TV and slept. The drive home was icy and I'm being a bit lazy and I'll let you read about it on Nicole's blog, I'm sure she will write about it :) Have fun guys and try my new Wacky search!

1 comment: