Monday, December 15, 2008

Type your title here.

Confusion

Have you ever been confused about confusion? The definition of confusion, according to dictionary.com, is, "Impaired orientation with respect to time, place, or person; a disturbed mental state." Almost everyone has been confused at some time in their life. For most it is just a simple state of not comprehending what is happening, but for others it can be a serious mental condition. Many cannot exit this state of mind without pharmaceutical and psychological therapy.
Confusion is not clarity or perception; it is when you are panicking and not thinking clearly. When you ponder the impossible and believe it is real. Believing the impossible can lead to many situations the have dire consequences with little options of relief. This is not to be confused with trying to overcome almost insurmountable odds and being told you are doing the impossible, but it is the actual impossible. Confusion often makes one speed the decision process along and choose the wrong way.
There are some extreme cases of confusion in which a medical professional can diagnose a condition. Karl Leonhard, born in 1904 and is customarily regarded as a follower of the Wernicke-Kleist school of thought, developed a complicated psychopathology based on Wernicke's experience. Confusion psychosis is a condition that concerns the thematic organization and the target oriented train of thought. An earmark of confusion psychosis is the jumbling of words and disturbance of organization while talking. Treatment for confusion psychosis includes psychopharmacological therapy and electroconvulsive monotherapy. Psychopharmacological therapy is basically using medicine to treat a condition and is often used in conjunction with other types of therapy. Electroconvulsive monotherapy is simply just he use of only a convulsive response to an electrical stimulus as therapy but is not used with other types of therapy.
Last summer I got very confused on my way to Batesville, Indiana. I was heading there to see my good friend Robert Suffridge. I was driving my 1992 Buick LeSabre east on 450 into Bedford. I went into the city to turn onto Highway 50. I looked for signs but there was traffic all around me. When I thought I turned on Highway 50 I really turned onto 58. I drove all the way to Heltonville before I stopped at a gas station to seek guidance from a roadmap. After learning to real truth of where I was, I turned onto 446 and took it all the way back to Highway 50.
Confusion is not responding in a regular fashion to regular or irregular stimuli. This my definition of confusion and Dictionary.com’s definition vary only slightly. While they did good job they did not include anything about response. We have many things that we may never know about confusion. The aspects, that will describe confusion with a clear picture, are locked away in the deep recesses of minds. People are utterly bewildered and cannot make sense of what is happening around them, much less describe what is happening within their own head.

No comments:

Post a Comment